XiTRACK is an increasingly popular product for dealing with hard-to-solve track quality problems, be they caused by poor ground, transitions from structures to ballasted track, requirements to maintain structure gauge or high lateral forces.
A liquid polyurethane is poured into the ballast in measured amounts to give it the required stiffness. It is mixed on site and penetrates deep into the ballast. The chemical reaction between the two components of XiTRACK takes place very quickly so the ballast is held by solid polyurethane in typically 20 seconds or so.
As part of each installation a design is carried out to determine the quantities and type of material to be added to the ballast on site.
XiTRACK is a unique product – please ask for it by name – it should not be confused with Epoxy Resin ballast glue, which is very different >>
- Very rapid curing – typically in seconds
- Very long service life (which is typical of polymers)
- Ballast still freely drains after treatment
- High fixity can be achieved using ballasted track components
- XiTRACK has full Network Rail Product Acceptance