May is Sustainability Month at Balfour Beatty. Across the organisation we'll be taking part in activities that show our commitment to our 2020 Sustainability Vision.
Within Balfour Beatty Rail these activities are focussed on engaging with the four key stakeholder groups which are integral to the delivery of our Vision – employees, clients, suppliers and the local community.
Activities taking place across the month include:
- A series of briefings to all of our employees to showcase Balfour Beatty Rail’s new Sustainability video and to encourage employees to think about how they can be more sustainable in their own roles.
- The launch of a number of campaigns to employees focussing on key sustainability messages including healthy eating, energy conservation and encouraging employees to participate in local volunteering activities.
- The launch of a new online recycling service to promote waste reduction - ‘FreeB’.
- Meetings with clients to update them on the progress towards our 2020 Sustainability Vision and to discuss how we can help them achieve their own sustainability targets.
- Meetings and communications with our top 50 suppliers to encourage them to continue to work with us in pursuit of our 2020 Sustainability Vision.